Organic tea tree oil is one of the most useful and versatile essential oils on the market and can boost your health, hygiene, and cleaning routines. Since ancient times tea tree oil has been used for its antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. This powerful essential oil is referred to as a “miracle in a bottle,” and its versatility has given it a reputation for being like an entire medicine cabinet in just one container. Tea tree oil is miraculous, but not all tea tree oil products are created equal, and figuring out which product to use can be time-consuming and cause frustration. Luckily, we’ve done the research and picked the five best organic tea tree oil brands for you. Read on for all the ways you can use tea tree oil and for the best brands to purchase so you can reap all the benefits of this miraculous product.
What is Organic Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is a natural and organic compound that’s extracted from the native Australian plant, Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil has been a staple in traditional medicine and researchers have found an array of benefits associated with this essential oil. Tea tree oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which make it a helpful resource. These properties are so effective that tea tree essential oil can compete with over-the-counter chemical filled products. Tea tree oil is also versatile, just one bottle can serve a magnitude of uses. Some uses for tea tree oil are treating skin irritations, aiding the respiratory system, combating bad breath and germs, eliminating mold, repelling pests, disinfecting cuts, and so much more. The next section will go into greater detail on the versatile and beneficial uses of tea tree oil.
What Can Organic Tea Tree Oil Do For You?
As mentioned before, tea tree essential oil is like a medicine cabinet in a bottle, and science backs its vast benefits. The list of uses for tea tree oil is extensive, so we’ve focused on some major ones. Here are some of the most beneficial tea tree oil uses:
Tea tree oil is an outstanding natural remedy for acne. Tea tree oil clears up the skin and treats acne without the harshness of chemical products. In fact, tea tree oil is so effective for treating acne that research shows that using a 5% tea tree oil solution to treat acne is just as effective as a 5% dose of the active ingredient in most chemical acne treatments, benzoyl peroxide.
The anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil make it an effective treatment for Psoriasis, Eczema, and other skin conditions.
Hair and Scalp
Tea tree oil is great for dry scalp or dandruff. Applying it to your scalp will calm and reduce dry and flaky skin and eliminate dandruff, leaving you with soft, shiny hair.
Cuts and Scrapes
An excellent alternative to using chemically laden products on cuts and scrapes, tea tree oil uses its antiseptic properties to clean cuts, scrapes, and abrasions and prevent infection.
Toenail Fungus and Athlete's Foot
Due to its antibacterial properties, tea tree oil is a great treatment for fungal and bacterial infections. Tea tree oil treats and eases the symptoms of both toenail fungus and athlete's foot, without the side effects of chemical products.
Insect Repellent and Bites
Tea tree oil is great for keeping insects away. Using tea tree oil to repel insects is as easy as filling a spray bottle with tea tree oil and water and spraying insect-prone areas. For bites and stings, tea tree oil is also effective, its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties will work quickly to reduce any itching or discomfort. When applied to bites or stings, tea tree oil will also prevent infection.
Tea tree oil is an excellent addition to any dental hygiene routine. Adding one drop to your toothpaste when you brush or creating a rinse with a water dilution for gargling will freshen breath and kill bacteria that cause dental problems.
The vapor from tea tree oil can reduce mucus and congestion. While treating mucus and congestion, tea tree oil vapor will also disinfect the air preventing the spread of germs.
Mold and Cleaning
Tea tree oil can help eliminate mold. Tea tree oil can also be mixed with water, vinegar, and lemon to create the perfect natural cleaning product. You can also add tea tree oil to some simple Castile soap to create an easy antibacterial hand-wash.
How Does it Work?
Tea tree oil has many methods of use. Some of these methods are diffusion, water dilution, combination with a carrier oil, and topical application. Although tea tree oil is excellent for treating an array of issues, it should never be ingested.
Where can you Buy It?
Due to its growing popularity, you can find tea tree online and in local natural markets. You can purchase each oil we've reviewed on Amazon.
With tea tree oil, a little goes a long way. A four fluid ounce bottle is the most commonly purchased size and will last for months. This size averages about $10.00 to $30.00. The tea tree oils we’ve reviewed fit in this price range because of their exceptional quality. There are less expensive tea tree oils on the market, but what you save in money you give up in quality.
How We Reviewed The Best Organic Tea Tree Oil Brands
We’ve put in a lot of time and effort into finding the best tea tree oil brands for you. The following products were reviewed based on features, pros and cons, price, where to buy, and warranty. To find brands with the highest quality tea tree oil these products were also reviewed based on their quality, purity, packaging, and customer reviews.
Quality and purity are the most important things to take into consideration when choosing tea tree oil, and all the products on this list meet high quality and purity standards. The packaging is a less obvious but equally important component to the best tea tree oil. Air, heat, and light can affect the potency and stability of essential oils, so products that come in colored glass bottles will last longer than those in clear glass bottles. One of the best ways to know if a product is top notch is to find out what people have to say about it, so we’ve taken customer reviews into consideration too.
What We Reviewed
Top 5 Best Organic Tea Tree Oil Brands Reviewed
- Essential Oil Labs Natural Therapeutic Grade Tea Tree Oil
- Healing Solutions
- Sun Organic
The first on the list of best organic tee trea oil brands is ArtNaturals tea tree oil. Key Features of this product are that it's natural and sourced from Australia. Australia produces top quality organic tea tree oil, so this brand is of the highest quality. To add to its great quality, this product comes in brown glass which eliminates any potency deterioration caused by light and comes with a sturdy dropper. With a 4.3 star review on Amazon, this brand has many satisfied customers.
- 100% PURE - ArtNaturals Tea Tree Essential Oil is 100% Pure, unadulterated, therapeutic grade, and GC/MS tested. Analysis reports are available in the images and on our website. It is vegan and cruelty free.
- CARRIER OIL - Used with a carrier oil for massage, its clean, refreshing scent helps ease the effects of a long, vigorous day. Its renowned healing properties have been known to boost a variety of hair, skin and nail conditions.
- ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER - When used with an aroma diffuser, Tea Tree Essential Oil wafts a rejuvenating, brightening scent through home or office, bringing relaxation, wellness, and satisfaction to your day.
- DIY - ArtNaturals offers a wide variety of DIY essential oil recipes that can be found in our storefront. From home to outdoors, and well being to skincare, we have a recipe that is perfect for you.
- All ingredients meet art naturals' 100 percent natural standards, paraben free and cruelty free
- Where to Buy?
This product can be found in stores and online for around $16.00 for 4 fluid ounces.
This product isn't eligible for a return to Amazon, but if you are unhappy with the product for any reason, you can contact the seller and may qualify for a refund.
2. Essential Oil Labs Natural Therapeutic Grade Tea Tree Oil
A key feature of this product is its premium therapeutic grade rating. This tea tree oil is ethically sourced, so you can feel confident using it. This product is also made without the use of any fillers and is steam distilled to prevent any contamination. This tea tree oil also comes in great packaging, the use of amber glass for this bottle reduces product deterioration. A little pricier than other brands, with this product you’re really paying for that therapeutic grade quality that gives it a 3.9 star rating.
- Peppermint OIL PREMIUM QUALITY: 100% Pure, Natural, Therapeutic Grade. Steam Distillation of fresh leaves. Non-Toxin, No Additives, No Fillers, Unfiltered and Undiluted. Vegan certified, paraben free and cruelty free.
- LARGE 3.4 Oz. AMBER BOTTLE + PREMIUM DROPPER + USER GUIDE: Comes with a high quality dropper for Your Convenience when dispensing and a FREE GUIDE of uses & benefits. No Leakage or Dripping. Best value for your money!
- WORKS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - Our Guarantee: We stand behind our products with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy. Try it and if you are not fully satisfied we will refund your purchase!
- AMAZING AROMATHERAPY EXPERIENCE- Add a few drops of Biofinest Peppermint Oil into your oil diffuser to inhale the ultimate serenity while refreshing the room with the crisp scent of Peppermint Oil. This spectacular scent will also open your airway and fill you with an invigorating fresh, renewed feeling.
- NATURAL REPELLENT OF INSECTS AND RODENTS: Use peppermint oil as a natural insecticide and insect repellent. Has many uses such as flea repellent, tick repellent, bug repellent, rat repellent, mosquito repellent, mice repellent, midges repellent, spider repellent, bed bugs repellent, ant repellent and roaches repellent.
- Where to Buy?
This product can be found in stores and online for around $20.00 for 3.4 fluid ounces.
The seller can be contacted for any warranty information and unsatisfied customers may be eligible for a refund.
3. Healing Solutions
Key Features of this product include therapeutic grade quality, purity, and an outstanding warranty. This tea tree oil comes with a dropper cap for convenient use and comes in a dark amber glass bottle to maintain product stability. With its diverse bottle sizes this product is great for all needs. Its high quality and light consistency earns it a 4.3 star review.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Tea Tree on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed, receive a full refund from the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, no questions asked!
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Tea Tree for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as your new favorite oil the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, will refund your money, guaranteed.
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified, FDA Registered. Make sure ALL oils you buy have these qualifications * CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS!! * In our opinion our oil is superior to organic and THE MOST RARE, BEST SMELLING, AND MOST THERAPEUTICALLY EFFECTIVE OF ALL Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Healing Solutions is SUPERIOR because it offers over 170 different oils for blending/pairing
- Where to Buy?
This product can be found in stores and online for around $7.00 for the smallest size (10ml) and around $25.00 for the largest (4 oz).
This product has a satisfaction/guarantee money back warranty.
4. Sun Organic
Key Features of this product include high quality and affordability. This quality of this product is like more expensive brands and the reviews are full of happy customers. This product comes in an amber colored glass bottle which prevents light penetration and keeps this tea tree oil potent. Sun Organic provides the best price without jeopardizing quality giving it a 4.2 star review.
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we think you will agree that our oils are by far the most effective on the market - a wonderful smell that can't be beat!
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- SUN makes the BEST quality PREMIUM Oils
- Where to Buy?
This product can be found in stores and online for around $9.00 for the smallest size (4 oz) and around $28.00 for the largest (16 oz).
The seller can be contacted for warranty and unhappy customers may be eligible for refunds.
Key Features of this product include its undiluted and therapy grade quality. This product comes in a green glass bottle to help reduce any light deterioration and includes a glass dropper for convenient use. This product only comes in one size, one fluid ounce, but because this brand guarantees no dilution, this size will be potent enough to provide good usage.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT TEA TREE OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED TEATREE OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or Even Other Potentially Dangerous Chemicals. Our TeaTree Oil is Routinely Tested for Purity And Other Unique Qualities in Order to Ensure You Are Buying The Purest Oil Available.
- MOST 4 OUNCE TEA TREE OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% Oil, However it's usually only 1/3 of the Natural Oil and 2/3 Carrier Oil. BEWARE OF LARGE SIZE BOTTLES & UNREALISTICALLY LOW PRICES.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLES PLUS FREE GLASS DROPPER - We use high quality glass infused with a uv colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation. We also provide a free glass dropper to help you easily use just a few drops of oil at a time.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE - The manufacturer, Artizen Essential Oils, offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on their product. If you are ever unsatisfied for any reason they will replace your product or refund your money. And they stand behind and guarantee the purity of their oils.
- Where to Buy?
This product can be found in stores and online for around $7.00 for one fluid ounce.
This product has a lifetime guarantee.
The Verdict - Which is the Best Organic Tea Tree Oil?
So what is the best organic tea tree oil? There are many components that go into the best brands for tea tree oil and we’ve considered them all in this review. The absolute best of the best is the ArtNaturals tea tree oil. Since ArtNaturals is sourced in Australia where the best tea tree oil comes from, this product provides the highest quality at a great price. For first time users or those who want to to test out tea tree oil without spending much money, the best choice is
Sun Organic tea tree essential oil. With Sun Organic you get high quality at an affordable price, and the four ounce bottle will last you a while. Any of these five organic tea tree oil brands are sure to provide you with quality and benefits you can see and enjoy. Tea tree oil can treat, heal, and clean without the negative effects of harsh chemicals and now you've got all the information you need to use it yourself.