Your doctor may have mentioned to you that thinning your blood can help prevent the formation of blood clots. Unchecked blood clotting can inhibit blood flow to your brain or heart, ultimately leading to a stroke or heart attack. You can control the thickness of your blood with medication, but the costs and side effects that come with these medications can make seeking a natural method of controlling blood thickness very appealing. In this article, you will find the top 10 best natural blood thinners so you can enjoy the protective effects of these products without prescriptions or side effects.
Top 10 Best Natural Blood Thinners : Comparison Table
What We Reviewed
- Dark Chocolate
- Vitamin E
- Red Wine
- Fish And Fish Oil
- Herbs with Coumarin
- Beet Root contains sugars and starches that make it a source of energy.*
- Our Beet is carefully tested and produced to superior quality standards
Beets offer a rich source of nitrates, a compound credited with improving heart health, significantly reducing clotting of blood, and lowering blood pressure. A study done in 2008 published in the American Heart Association Hypertension Journal, concluded that consuming 500 milliliters of beetroot juice increased nitrate levels and decreased platelet aggregation. You can juice beets at home with a juice machine, or even purchase a beet juice powder that is mixed with water.
+ You can use the red color in beet juice as a natural food coloring
+ Plant-based product
+ You can purchase the item at any grocery store
– Taste of beets can be earthy and off-putting to some
– Juicing beets requires a juicing machine
– Juice powders can be expensive
- GARLIC VITAMINS FOR IMMUNITY BOOST, IMPROVED CARDIOVASCULAR AND DIGESTIVE HEALTH- Garlic contains two main ingredients, Allicin and Allinase. These combine through digestion to produce a powerful vitamin that strengthens the body’s immune system, improves cardiovascular health, promotes circulation and improves digestion. Our garlic pills with Allicin are also anti-inflammatory and help to cleanse the blood of excess glucose and slow down cellular decay due to aging.
- DELICIOUS VANILLA COATING AND HIGH ALLICIN FORMULATION- Allicin is the component that gives garlic its medicinal properties and pungent odor. The more Allicin, the more effective is the garlic. Our pure garlic supplement formula contains 5mg of raw Allicin per tablet. In addition to ensuring high levels of Allicin for maximum potency, our odorless garlic tablets boast an all-natural vanilla flavored coating to eliminate the traditional odor and reflux that can accompany garlic products.
- GUARANTEED PURITY IN BPA FREE, RECYCLABLE GLASS BOTTLES- Cheap plastic bottles are harmful to the environment and your health. We seal your supplements in environmentally-friendly amber glass bottles with heat-sealed sleeves and best by dates to ensure the safest and purest product available. Unlike some other supplement manufacturers, our bottles are fully recyclable. Each bottle contains 60 tablets that are easy to swallow, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian.
Garlic can be fantastic for your blood health by containing compounds such as adenosine, allicin, and paraffinic polysulfides. When taken as a supplement in large amounts, studies have noted its effects on limiting the collection of platelets, helping limit platelet aggregation, and lowering blood pressure.
+ Can be a tasty way to flavor food
+ Plant-based product
+ You can purchase this product at any supermarket
– You must eat a large amount if not supplementing it
– Garlic supplements are expensive when compared to other products
- TOMATOE PASTE: Whole tomatoes are cooked down into a paste with organic sweet basil and five complementary spices.
- ORGANIC TOMATOES: Grown on organic farms where they are drenched in California sunshine, tomatoes are USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- EASY MEAL ADDITION: Field to can in 8 hours; store organic canned tomatoes in pantry for easy use when making soups, sauces and stews.
Tomatoes and products made from tomatoes such as a pasta sauce, tomato juice or ketchup can help inhibit platelet aggregation by containing natural compounds such as caffeic, chlorogenic, ferulic, and p-coumaric acids.
+ Many popular products contain tomato
+ Plant-based product
+ You can purchase this item at any supermarket
– Some people don’t enjoy the taste of tomatoes
– Processed tomatoes may have a higher content of health-benefiting compounds than fresh
- A full-bodied dark chocolate; masterfully crafted to be smooth and rich with profound cocoa flavor and surprisingly balanced taste
- Lindt chocolate is expertly crafted with the finest ingredients
- Stock up on these dark chocolate bars for the true dark chocolate connoisseur to share at the office, enjoy at a dinner party, or bake with at home; the perfect dark chocolate gift
Compounds found in cocoa called flavonoids can act as natural blood thinners when ingested. A study that analyzed the effects of dark chocolate found that it inhibited platelet aggregation in participants who consumed dark chocolate while white and milk chocolate did not seem to influence blood clotting due to their lower cocoa content. Did we really need another reason to love eating chocolate?
+ Delicious treat
+ Many other health benefits
+ You can purchase dark chocolate at any supermarket
– Many chocolate bars contain high amounts of sugar
– Without sugar, chocolate alone can have a bitter taste
– Easy to over-consume
- NOT AN EXTRACT. Most products use chemical extracts to raise their ginsenoside content. We don’t need to. Because we start with such high quality roots, they're more potent out of the ground than even most extracts. Why does this matter? Extracts mess up the natural ratio of ginsenosides, and remove many healthy parts of the root. This means they don't have the same effects on your body as whole ginseng roots. We use the whole root, unadulterated, so you can get the full benefits of ginseng.
- NO FILLERS OR OTHER JUNK. A 2015 study found 4 out of 5 big brand supplements they tested contained NONE of the herbs promised on the label. Instead, they contained only 100% fillers, like powdered rice and houseplants. That's 0% ginseng... in your ginseng. And we think that's appalling. Which is why each tablet of Auragin only contains 100% ginseng. No rice powder or any other junk. Those other ginseng supplements with a cheap price tag? They're cheap for a reason.
- MINIMALLY PROCESSED, FARM TO BOTTLE. Our ginseng is grown for 6 years before harvesting. We use a thousand-year-old method of repeat steaming and drying to turn it into red ginseng. Then we grind the whole roots into powder, test for potency and take only the top 30%, and press the powder into tablets. That's it. Auragin is the closest thing you'll find to actually flying to Korea and buying fresh Korean red ginseng roots locally... But even then, you'd be hard-pressed to find roots this good.
Ginseng is an herb people have used that for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. Now studies have credited this root with increasing the strength of your immune system and naturally thinning the blood by inhibiting platelet aggregation with a compound called ginsenoside Rg1. Many times, use of this herb will come in the form of a supplement capsule.
+ Can be delicious with tea
+ Many other health benefits
– Can have a spicy, overpowering flavor
– Some smaller grocery stores may not carry this fresh herb
- Plant Based v Synthetic: Our Vitamin E (d-Alpha-tocopherol) oil is 100% extracted from plants rich in Vitamin E. Natural Vitamin E has been proven to absorb more quickly and efficiently by the body than other synthetic types.
- Pure Carrier Oil: The viscosity of pure Vitamin E Oil is thick and sticky. A blend of Eden's Semilla Rosehip & Jojoba Oil gives the oil the perfect consistency for easy application. Fast acting, absorbent and non greasy. 35,000 IU means the blend contains no less than 25% Pure Vitamin E.
- Skin Protection: Vitamin E Oil is contains AO protection that helps to combat the signs of aging. Helps repair damaged skin, provides hydration for dry skin and provides relief for skin irritation and sunburn - a great solution to tangle free silky smooth hair.
When consumed orally, vitamin E thins the blood by increasing sensitivity to prostaglandin E1, a platelet-inhibiting fatty acid. Studies have proven vitamin E supplementation to be an effective and natural way to control the thickness of your blood.
+ Almonds and peanuts are delicious and naturally contain vitamin E
+ Contributes to the growth of skin and nails
– It is possible to overdose on synthetic vitamin E
– Supplements are expensive when compared to food
- Package Includes: One (1) Senorio de la Tautila Tempranillo Non-Alcoholic Red Wine
- Tasting Notes: Ripe cherry-colored wine of mild intensity. Voluminous input in mouth, persistent structure with personality.
- About the Winery: Produced in Spain by Bodega Senorio de la Tautila using traditional winemaking methods after which the wine is dealcoholized.
Studies have credited red wine with a protective effect against coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis. Ethanol, trans-resveratrol, and quercetin are compounds found in red wine that all contribute to thinning the blood. Who needs even more reason to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner?
+ Wide selection of red wines for all tastes
+ Pair red wine with meals to enhance their flavor
+ Offers a relaxing effect
– Overconsumption of alcoholic drinks can lead to health problems
– Some don’t enjoy the taste of red wine
Fish and Fish Oil
- Quality source of omega 3. Not all Omega 3 is high quality! The Omega 3 found in Fish Oil contains unique essential fats including EPA and DHA, known to decrease inflammation and support overall health and wellness*. MAV Fish Oil is higher quality than competitor brands and contains more EPA and DHA per serving.
- Premium series naturally sourced. Omega 3 fatty acids are widely considered one of the most critical supplements you can put in your body.* Our Premium Series Fish Oil is 100% natural and pure with no additives, and contains 3,600mg Fish Oil Fatty Acids, including 864 mg DHA, 1,296 mg EPA per serving.
- Burpless no fishy aftertaste. Our Fish Oil is burpless and won't cause stomach upset, so don’t have to worry about indigestion or an unpleasant after taste staying with you all day!
Fish oil supplements or the oils in fatty cuts of fish such as a salmon filet can contribute to thinner blood. A recent study showed fish oil reduced platelet aggregation after 15 weeks of using fish oil due to the high omega-3 fatty acids contained within the oil.
+ Supplements offer a convenient way to consume fish oil
+ Omega-3 fatty acids offer many health benefits beyond blood thinning
+ Most grocery stores carry both fish and fish oil supplements
– Some don’t enjoy the flavor of fish
– Fish oil supplements are expensive when compared to food
Herbs With Coumarin
- shipped first class with tracking through amazon - signature confirmation will be on larger orders, look for my new listings with a hand made pouch
- light aroma when there are only 3 in bag, used for making Wishes - you must set your intention
- Not okay to copy my listing, please make your own listings - if buying multiples I ship with signature confirmation
One popular herb that contains a high amount of coumarin is the Tonka bean herb, but you can also find it in angelica root, arnica flower, anise, chamomile, fenugreek, licorice root, parsley and red clover. These plants contain a high amount of coumarin, which pharmaceutical companies have used to create the popular blood-thinning medication called warfarin.
+ Powerful plant-based solution
+ Offers anti-inflammatory effects
+ Can prevent swelling (edema)
– Can be hard to find
– Overconsumption can lead to health issues
- Hass avocados have a superior taste and high oil content.
- Universally accepted by professional nutritionists, the avocado is an outstanding combination of vital minerals, essential fatty acids, and vitamins required to sustain a healthy body.
- They are an extremely nutrient-dense fruit without trans fats, cholesterol, and sodium and high in unsaturated fats which can help lower blood cholesterol levels.
Avocado helps inhibit blood clots from forming by containing omega-3 fatty acids, which studies have linked to limiting the formation of platelets. Also, similar to the way ginger helps thin blood, avocado contains salicylate. This compound helps to limit blood clots from forming.
+ Delicious to eat alone
+ Easy to find at many grocery stores
+ You can use avocado in many recipes
– Can be hard to find at the perfect ripeness
– Is expensive when compared to other foods
1. What A Blood Thinner?
You can use blood thinners to prevent clotting and to control the thickness of the blood that flows throughout your body. Your blood’s thickness can affect many parts of your health. Whether your blood is too thick, or too thin, you can suffer from many side effects, so the purpose of blood thinners is to help someone with blood that is too thick restore this delicate balance to their circulatory system.
2. What Does A Blood Thinner Do?
Controlling the viscosity, or thickness, of your blood, can help restore blood flow to vital parts of your body, and prevent many ailments such as blurred vision, dizziness, high blood pressure, lack of energy, headaches, shortness of breath, and much more.
3. How Does It Work?
Some blood thinners prevent blood cells from sticking together while flowing through the veins or arteries, known as an antiplatelet. Other types of blood thinners prevent blood from clotting by increasing the time needed for a blood clot to form, known as anticoagulants.
4. Where Can You Buy Natural Blood Thinners?
Part of the beauty of using a natural blood thinner is that you can purchase these items without a prescription at your local grocery market. The costs in money and time when going to doctor visits and using prescription medications can add up, so it’s worthwhile to try some of these natural alternatives.
5. Price Range For Natural Blood Thinners
Another great part of using these products is the low costs involved. You can purchase many of these items for under $5, and some range as high as $30. Controlling your blood thickness doesn’t have to be an expensive proposition when going the natural route.
How We Reviewed The Best Natural Blood Thinners
We reviewed the products in this article with the following criteria in mind; Pros & Cons of the product, the price of the product, and the ease of use of the product. We’ve done our best to balance these factors and recommend only the top ten natural blood thinners available to consumers.
The Verdict – Which is the Best Natural Blood Thinners
So what are the best natural blood thinners? You can easily incorporate many of these natural blood thinners into a healthy lifestyle to help control the thickness of your blood. Using a natural method of thinning your blood can not only save you the cost of medications and doctors visits but can eliminate the side effects associated with medications. For some individuals, they absolutely need medication, but speaking with your doctor about trying some of these natural remedies may be a good fit for your situation.
Dark chocolate and red wine have to be the most enjoyable foods to consume, but there is a risk of overconsumption. Supplementing with vitamin E, and fish oil are effective ways to thin the blood naturally, but if you are anything like me, achieving the consistency of taking supplements on time each day can be a challenge. Eating tomato and avocado are delicious ways to control blood thickness that can easily fit into anyone’s diet. They are just some of the many natural blood thinners that you can incorporate into your every day life.
Last update on 2021-09-17 at 01:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API